Develop Desktop apps using ArcGIS for Personal Use

03-11-2020 12:18 AM
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Can we Develop Desktop apps and plugins with ArcObjects SDK and ArcGIS Pro .Net SDK using ArcGIS for Personal Use License?

I am planning to buy one if Personal Use License have this capablitiy.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It isn't disabled in any way...  Did you find information to the contrary?

The only warning is....

We just ask that you use ArcGIS for Personal Use for personal, noncommercial projects. 

0 Kudos
Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Got it. Thanks..

I didn't found any contrary information, but didn't found any confirmation either.

If someone who is using ArcGIS for Personal Use can confirm the availability of ArcObjects SDK on the myEsri Portal, then I can subscribe without heistation.

0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

This is the view of the available "Developer Tools" download in "My ESRI" for my Personal Use license, so ArcObjects SDK is available. However, I strongly recommend to develop in Pro's new SDK. ArcObjects is dead in the waters with ArcMap eventually going. Alternative is Python scripting. I developed an ArcMap / Pro and Python 2.x/3.x compatible toolbox with Python scripting that runs really nicely in both apps using the Python "future" package, so essentially writing 3.x code.

E.g. put this in the header of all your scripts for a start:

from __future__ import print_function
from __future__ import absolute_import
from __future__ import unicode_literals
from __future__ import division

Arun_PrasadRamanujadoss
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot exactly the confirmation I required. Going to subscribe ArcGIS for Personal Use today.

0 Kudos