Deploying Multiple .NET Tools

08-06-2010 05:43 AM
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

We are upgrading our tools/commands from VB6 to .NET.  What we are finding is that in VB6 we could just add multiple dll by using the 'Add from file' button on the Customize window in ArcGIS, and all went smoothly. 

But with the .NET dll/tlb file that is generated, that process no longer works.  It seems like we need to create a custom installer for each tool that we have using this process (http://edndoc.esri.com/arcobjects/9.2/NET/0df20605-b457-42d6-b63c-341a3824474a.htm).

Is there a simple way that the user can install multiple projects with just one click??  I don't want to have to create 10 setup.exe files for 10 different tools. 

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BBulla
by
Occasional Contributor
Hi Jim,

Thanks for responding.  I have a few dlls that I'm trying this with now, but no luck.  What I'm doing is adding the dlls to a project that contains a toolbar, and creating the Installer within that project.  A question:

1.  When I add the dlls, what should my settings be for 'Build Action' and 'Copy to Output Directory'??  I have included these dlls as 'Install' and 'Uninstall Actions'.

Thanks!
0 Kudos