Deploy custom dll Arcobjects 10

04-08-2012 10:50 PM
LoizosArgyrou
New Contributor
Hello

i've been having this problem which i can't get a solution for. I have created a custom dll command
tool in Visual Studio 2008 using the installed arcgis developer kit templates in the visual studio.
The arcobjects dll is a command tool which opens a form and takes some input data and then returns some
results after some geoprocessing tasks executed.
To deploy the tool i use the ESRiRegasm.exe utility and the tool appears in the categories manager of ArcGIS Desktop
and is executed ok in my computer.
The problem is when i try to deploy the dll in another users ArcGIS. I manage to register the dll and the command tool appears
in the commands categories but when i click on it the form doesn't show at all. when i tried to debug the dll it doesn't return
any error. After some investigation i reached the conclusion that the command tool only function in computer with the ArcGIS developer Kit for
.NET installed nowhere else. This is a bit strange as a custom dll packs all necessary libraries files needed in order to register.
I think i'm doing something wrong in this deployment procedure.
Any help is much appreciated

Thank you

Regards

Loizos
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LoizosArgyrou
New Contributor
problem solved!!!

nothing related to arcobjects developer kit. It was only related to .NET framework. The form had objects that where not
registered in the global assembly cache of the other computers. After i remove these objects the form worked ok.

thank you
0 Kudos