DataManagementTools

12-27-2013 08:29 PM
AndrewKyrgoussios
New Contributor
What is the 10.2 replacement for:

ESRI.ArcGIS.DataManagementTools.Project

"Works" in 10.0 but seems to have been dropped in 10.2.

Thanks
-Andrew
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I don't know anything about the data management tools but am willing to try and help.

Here are the release notes for 10.2:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/pdf/whats_new_in_arcgis.pdf

There is a discussion about additional data management tools but no mention of dropping support for existing tools/classes.

Why do you say that support for ESRI.ArcGIS.DataManagementTools.Project was dropped with 10.2?  Did you find the assembly but this class is not present?

The only flaky thing that I saw is that the online help indicates "Document not found!" when you try to access the help for the Project class:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcobjects-net/componenthelp/index.html#/Overview/0054000006qt00...

Just trying to understand.
0 Kudos
AndrewKyrgoussios
New Contributor
Thanks for your very quick reply!

I have been using ArcView/ArcMap since ver 3.0 and this would
not be the first time something has seemed to be dropped or omitted.

I was trying to get an ArcMap add-in that was written in VB.Net for
10.0 using VS2010 to compile/run in 10.2 using VS2012.

Initial porting into the 10.2 environment gave me numerous errors and
warnings but I managed to correct them all except for the
DataManagementTools.  When I could not find this dll etc installed  then
I went to ESRI as you did and found "empty" pages....

It could have been dropped in 10.1 or just an oversight.

Thanks

Andrew
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi

I can see the Project tool in DataManagement both in 10.1 VS2010 and 10.2 VS2012 without any problems.
Check your refrences - maybe you got the wrong path.

Have Fun
Mody
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
One common mistake people make is to create references to assembly which are version specific.  Is that what you have done?

If that isn't it, and it can't find the assembly, then remove the reference from Visual Studio and add it back.  If it does not show up as a choice then simply browse the file system for it.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Also, be aware that the reference will not be found in "Add ArcGIS Reference". For all geoprocessing tools, you have to use  "Add Reference", select the .NET tab, and chose the reference from that list. Once you add the reference, you have to manually set the Specific Version to false.
BrandonVan_Horn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the insight. This helped out alot. Here is a screenshot to make it more clear. Capture.JPG

0 Kudos