Select to view content in your preferred language

Crystal Reports not working in ArcGIS10

08-27-2010 02:06 PM
sirishapolsapalli
Deactivated User
Hi,
I recently migrated my ArcObjects .NET code from ArcGIS 9.3 to ArcGIS 10. I have a tool which open/creates a report in Crystal Report 12 within ArcMap.
In ArcGIS 10 however the Crystal Report refuses to open or get created. Instead it throws an exception when Loading Report which says that Failed due to error "8007007f".
I looked online for 8007007f error and found that it was due to incorrect installation of OLEDB32.dll. So I got the correct version but did work either.
I finally found that the assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll is not loading inside ArcMAP. If I try the same outside arcMap as a windows application it works. However does not work as part of ArcObjects ICommand.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
sirisha.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
PeggyAnderson
New Contributor
As I understand it, Arc 10 will no longer support the use of Crystal reports.  I am trying to find out if the arc reports has anything like the flexibility of Crystal.  It seems that none of the developers care if we can report.
0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
As I understand it, Arc 10 will no longer support the use of Crystal reports.  I am trying to find out if the arc reports has anything like the flexibility of Crystal.  It seems that none of the developers care if we can report.

I have several COM applications (written in VB.NET) running in ArcGISv10 that utilize custom CrystalReports objects.  I have built the series of reports in their own assembly and the assemblies that run in ArcGIS simply reference these. 

It all works great and provides a ton of scalability, visually rich reports, and a means to develop and deploy new reports without having to re-deploy the assemblies for ArcGIS.  Depending upon the requirements, you can get highly complex yet great performing report generation integrated into your ArcGIS apps by way of using StoredProcedures and the ADO.NET libraries.
0 Kudos
HungNguyen4
New Contributor
Hi,
I recently migrated my ArcObjects .NET code from ArcGIS 9.3 to ArcGIS 10. I have a tool which open/creates a report in Crystal Report 12 within ArcMap.
In ArcGIS 10 however the Crystal Report refuses to open or get created. Instead it throws an exception when Loading Report which says that Failed due to error "8007007f".
I looked online for 8007007f error and found that it was due to incorrect installation of OLEDB32.dll. So I got the correct version but did work either.
I finally found that the assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.dll is not loading inside ArcMAP. If I try the same outside arcMap as a windows application it works. However does not work as part of ArcObjects ICommand.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
sirisha.

Hi,

I have the same problem when trying to migrate my extension to Arc10. Was you able to get it to work?

I also found out the it DOES work with older version of Crystal (10.5). I believe it's something related to either the version of .NET framework that the new version of Crystal uses or the different Windows platforms (64-bit vs 32-bit) but I couldn't know find a solid explaination for this.

I know Arc10 is no longer support Crystal but our extension doesn't use any Crystal libraries that come with ArcMap at all so it can't be missing assembly or something in that nature.
0 Kudos