Creating Add-in files from C# source...

Jump to solution
04-14-2011 07:17 AM
AnthonyAtkins
New Contributor II
I've decided to convert our VBA tools to Add-ins utilizing Visual Studio, by way of C#. I'd now like to be able to distribute this new toolbar with converted tools to my co-workers, but I do not see an instance of Eclipse for C#.

How do I go about creating the Add-in files for my add-ins that were created in C# so that I can distribute my tools throughout my department?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Anthony
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyHamblin
New Contributor III
Hi Anthony,

Eclipse is a development environment (IDE) for the JAVA language. You need to use Visual Studio for C#. Once you install the ArcObjects SDK, Visual Studio will have wizards to help create Addins.

I put together a little tutorial for people moving VBA tools to C# Add-Ins:
VBA to C# Add-in Tutorial

-Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyHamblin
New Contributor III
Hi Anthony,

Eclipse is a development environment (IDE) for the JAVA language. You need to use Visual Studio for C#. Once you install the ArcObjects SDK, Visual Studio will have wizards to help create Addins.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: aatkins

Hi Anthony,

-Jeff

This is exactly for what I was looking! More specifically the .esriaddin tool file.  I didn't realize it created the file automatically and I'm quite surprised it doesn't say as much on the ESRI site (or maybe it did and I just didn't find it).
Thank you so much and thanks for posting your tutorial, as a beginner to the ArcObjects & C# world I've been looking for sites like your's that will help.
Thanks again for your help!
0 Kudos