Select to view content in your preferred language

C# ArcEngine v9.2 desktop application

05-09-2022 06:29 AM
NeilGnich
New Contributor

Hi,

Apologies for my lack of knowledge/understanding of ArcGIS but I have recently inherited an old VS2010 C# application that uses a number of ArcGIS ActiveX controls and is built on ArcEngine v9.2. It builds and runs in a 32-bit Windows XP environment but I have been tasked with porting it to 64-bit Windows 10.

I can get it to build without too many problems but when I try to run it, it disappears without warning. Stepping through the code shows that it fails when trying to initialise the TOCControl...which is the first ArcGIS ActiveX control that it encounters.

Unfortunately, upgrading to a newer version of ArcGIS isn't an option. Does anyone have any experience of running these controls on Windows 10? I am building the application as 32-bit and I am fairly certain that the ocx's have been successfully registered. The developer licence has expired but we have a valid runtime licence.

Any help/suggestions welcome...

Thanks,

Neil.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GKmieliauskas
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

64 bit ArcObjects are available with ArcGIS server license only, but server ArcObjects don't have objects related to desktop. ArcObjects are coming out in 2 years. I would recommend to migrate to ArcGIS Runtime or ArcGIS AppStudio. It could be 64 bit cross platform application.

0 Kudos