axMapControl - how to zoom to specific LOD

05-26-2010 09:17 AM
TimParis
New Contributor
I have an axMapControl object and I want to provide a slider control with stops for all of the available zoom LOD ranges.
I have looked at the zooming examples and they all zoom by changing the size of an envelope.  Even if I go that route, I would still need a way to tell what LOD the current zoom level falls in so I can update the slider position.
Continuous zoom, rubberband zoom, etc are all nifty, but I just want to be able to click a + or - and change one LOD.

I am using 9.3 sp1 and programming in C#, any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimParis
New Contributor
After some digging, I have found the ITileCacheInfo Interface which gives me access to the LODInfos for the cache.  So, now I have a list of ILODInfo which gives me the LevelID, the resolution, and the scale for each of my available zoom levels.
It looks like I need to figure out the math to calculate an extent for each of those.  I am guessing I can take the pixel size of my visible map, multiply by the resolution for the target LOD and that will give me the size of my desired extent.
0 Kudos
TimParis
New Contributor
OK, so it looks like ITileCacheInfo is specific to the MapCooker class.  Can the MapCooker be used to generate cache tiles for dynamic display?
0 Kudos