ArcObjects .NET SDK

08-16-2011 09:46 AM
GregoryDover
New Contributor II
Can someone point me to the ArcObjects .NET SDK download site?
15 Replies
RuchiraWelikala
Occasional Contributor
You can't usually download this. I haven't been able to find it.  However, the SDK (all of them, .NET, Java, etc.) are all on the ArcGIS Install CD.
0 Kudos
GregoryDover
New Contributor II
You can't usually download this. I haven't been able to find it.  However, the SDK (all of them, .NET, Java, etc.) are all on the ArcGIS Install CD.

I have the install CD loaded.  I've run setup, but I do not see an option to install the SDK.  Any chance its on a supplemental CD that I don't have?
0 Kudos
EdgarBejarano
Occasional Contributor
The ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework is installed using its own Setup.exe program which is located in separate folder (called SDK_dotnet) of the installation media.  The setup process that is initiated via this Setup.exe program will require the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to already be installed on the computer and it will require a valid version of Microsoft Visual Studio (with which you will integrate the ArcObjects SDK), as detailed in the link below:

ArcObjects SDK 10 System Requirements > Developer Solutions (SDK) Requirements
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/arcgissdks/10.0/system-requirements
0 Kudos
GregoryDover
New Contributor II
All,

Thanks for your assistance.  We did not elect to receive DVDs from ESRI.  Instead we download the bits from esri.com.   It turns out there was a version of the ArcGIS Desktop 10 that we hadn't downloaded. 

We're all good now.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
AldilaPermata
New Contributor
thanks for the information about SDK installer, i've just found them in ArcGIS DVD..
eventhough i've been able installing SDK VBA, but failed at installing SDK dotnet..
This is the fatal error message :

"Installation ended prematurely because of an error.."

I don't know what's wrong, may someone know how to fix it..please.. 😄
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
vsfoote in the installation forums is probably your best source for information.  Suggest that you post there.

Debugging installation issues is typically done by running msiexec via the command line.  Google on "msiexec voicewarmup" to see the various articles which describe this process.
0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

General availability for the "ArcObjects 10.4 SDK for .NET" is not until the week of February 15, 2016.  Once the SDK is available you would download it from MyEsri (same as 10.3.1).

So for example for 10.3.1 the download would be here (however, you need to log in first):

https://my.esri.com/#/downloads/ArcGIS%20for%20Desktop/10.3.1

0 Kudos
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III

What flavor of Visual Studio will allow the "ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework" to be installed?  Visual Studio Community 2015 is not supported.  The posted requirements for VS software products that are, at the time of this posting, 3-4 years old seems like a real issue because they are no longer available.

SDK_Install_Error.JPG

0 Kudos
Wolf
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Jason,

Which version of the "ArcObjects SDK for the Microsoft .NET Framework" are you trying to install?  The requirements for the latest release (10.4.0) can be found here (scroll to the bottom of the section):

ArcObjects SDK 10.4 system requirements—System Requirements | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos