ArcObjects 10.4 and 10.4.1 Selecting Features .NET

08-18-2016 12:55 PM
JPGrusling
New Contributor

I have been using ArcObjects since version 10.0 and have been using the same code that is listed in the "Select Map Features by Attribute Query" snippet that comes with the ArcObjects SDK.  Attached is the snippet from the SDK. On the call to SelectFeatures(queryFilter, ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto.esriSelectionResultEnum.esriSelectionResultNew, False), I get the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

This works with previous versions 10.0, 10.1, 10.2.  What is going on?  How do I fix this?  If additional information is required, feel free to reply.

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JPGrusling
New Contributor

As a supplemental to the original post:

1. This happens with multiple map files (mxd with mdb or shape files)
  2. All map files work in previous version of ArcObjects (10.0-3)
  3. The query is correct and verified to work within ArcMap itself.
  4. The query is simple in that it queries one field for one value.  eg. MyID = 'A3-19' (Note: The field can be text or numeric and the results are the same)

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
AmazingMapMan
New Contributor III

Hi,

i have the same problem. Code runs since 9.3.1 and fails now.

Did you find a solution for this?

Error: "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException"

HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)

The code looks like this:

Dim aoiFeatureSelection As IFeatureSelection = DirectCast(iFLayer, IFeatureSelection)

aoiFeatureSelection.SelectFeatures(objQuery, esriSelectionResultEnum.esriSelectionResultNew, False)

Nothing fancy.

Bug in 10.4??

Greetings,

Stefan

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is a bug in 10.4 with Query operations. Take a look at this discussion: ArcObjects 10.4 and 10.4.1 Selecting Features .NET 

0 Kudos
AmazingMapMan
New Contributor III

Thanks!

Now it works again!

0 Kudos