ArcMap addin Path

11-26-2014 01:31 AM
PeterKun
New Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering how to get the path of the add-in which I currently use. There are a lot of users (about 100), and they use different versions of our program from network. If believe it works as follows:

When the ArcMap starts, it loads for itself the dll-s from the proper path, which we gave in the Add-In window.  When we wanted to see the proper path of the add-in, we used Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location in c#, and it gave back the assambly-cache  folder used by ArcGIS 10.0.

We want to know the given path of the toolbar which I developed.

We use multiple add-ins, therefore the AddInFoldersList.xml is not satisfactory, which is stored in user/.../AppData/Roaming/ESRI//Desktop10.0

3 Replies
AhmedEl-Sisi
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Arcmap has its own folder locations for add-ins and these add-ins are automatically managed by ESRI Add-In Utility. It Unpacks its contents in the Assembly Cache folder.
Check the following for more information:

ArcObjects 10 .NET SDK Help

0 Kudos
PeterKun
New Contributor

Hallo Ahmed,

yes I am aware how it works. But my problem is that I have 100 users who uses my addins which are stored on netwrok. unfortunatly there are several versions due new funcionalities for different users for different tasks. I would like to track, who uses which version by storing the username and the add-in path in a central DB.

In this way, I can see who uses maybe the wrong version instead of remembiring or checking one by one.

0 Kudos
AhmedEl-Sisi
Occasional Contributor III

You can store unique data inside your Add-in such as "Description" or "Version" to Identify your Add-in version and access this data at runtime  using ThisAddIn internal class.

0 Kudos