ArcGIS 10.0 Snippet Finder in Visual Studio 2008

03-18-2011 02:55 PM
isburns
New Contributor III
Has anyone successfully used the ArcGIS Snippet Finder in Visual Studio 2008 Professional with C# for ArcGIS 10?  In a VB.NET project I am able to search the snippet finder successfully, but in a C# project when I click on search the snippet finder just closes with no warning.  I also noticed that in the Visual Studio Code Snippets Manager that for C# the ArcObjects path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC#\Snippets\ArcObjects) was not present so I added it manually.  It was present for Visual Basic however (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VB\Snippets\ArcObjects).

Anybody know what gives or how to get it working?

Thanks
Shea
0 Kudos
4 Replies
YaminiManickam
New Contributor III
This shouldn't been happening unless the installation is either corrupted or the installation did not complete successfully. I checked my machine and I see the snippets at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC#\Snippets. You can may be run a repair on the SDK installation.
0 Kudos
isburns
New Contributor III
The repair of the SDK installation fixed it.  I didn't have any problems, warnings, or errors during the installation and it was a clean install on a new machine of both ArcGIS and Visual Studio so I'm still not sure what caused the problem initially.  Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Shea
0 Kudos
YaminiManickam
New Contributor III
You are welcome! 🙂
0 Kudos
suzanmomani
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to access the Arc snippet finder but this error keeps showing :

"Invalid value of ='-1' is not valid for an 'index' parameter name :index "

I'll appreciate the help