Append_management help

07-07-2011 04:20 AM
LindaMcCafferty
New Contributor II
Hello -

Initially I tried to use Merge_management to merge feature classes together.  The code ran fine, but I ended up with a featureclass that has all the features in it, but many of the polygons that were merged will not display.  The records appear in the attributes, but the polygons are missing. 

So... I am trying the append method.

First I created a feature class using ArcCatalog.  Now I would like to run a script written with C# to append feature classes together into the one that I just created.

My code is:
                object[] InLayers = new object[1];
                InLayers[0] = "ROW_points2polygons; ROW_linePolygons; AreaFeatures";
                object[] OutLayer = new object[1];
                OutLayer[0] = "\\\\data\\err_gis\\applications\\tst\\cs\\ROW_Scrub\\" + "ROW_Scrub.gdb" + "\\" + "ROW_Appended";

System.Type SystemTypeGp= System.Type.GetTypeFromProgID("esriGeoprocessing.GpDispatch.1");
                System.Object objDispatch = Activator.CreateInstance(SystemTypeGp);
                SystemTypeGp.InvokeMember("Toolbox", BindingFlags.SetProperty, null, objDispatch,
                    new object[] { @"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx" });
                SystemTypeGp.InvokeMember("Append_management", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Public, null, OutLayer, InLayers);

I don't understand what BindingFlags and Binders are.  Attached is the error message that I am getting. 

Any help would be really appreciated. 
Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies