Add-in Registry Key In 10.5?

Jump to solution
02-02-2017 04:43 PM
RyanCoodey
Occasional Contributor III

We are upgrading from ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 to 10.5 (biggest gap we have ever had in upgrades)... anyway, when doing an upgrade install our custom add-ins (build with ArcObjects .NET SDK) seem to carry over and work just fine. But with a new install in which we make a registry entry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Desktop10.5\Settings\AddInFolders", just like we did with 10.1, the shared add-ins at that location are not loading.

Please tell me that feature has not gone away? The documentation doesn't seem to mention this registry key option anymore. Hopefully we are just missing something simple?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanCoodey

Figured out the problem, our SCCM package was not putting in quite the right registry key. I had gotten scared when I could not find it in the 10.5 documentation but found that it is still mentioned under the "Advanced add-in concepts" page. Phew...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RyanCoodey

Figured out the problem, our SCCM package was not putting in quite the right registry key. I had gotten scared when I could not find it in the 10.5 documentation but found that it is still mentioned under the "Advanced add-in concepts" page. Phew...

0 Kudos