Select to view content in your preferred language

which correct co-ordinate system should i define for EGYPT when I create a 2million map scale ?

Jump to solution
09-08-2023 12:20 AM
Labels (3)
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

which correct co-ordinate system should i define for EGYPT when I create a 2million map scale ?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MAMDOUHZALAKY 

It is recommended to transition to using ArcGIS Pro. I am using screenshot from Pro but you will find similar coordinate systems for Egypt in ArcMap as well. AyanPalit_0-1694429799341.png

Please review the suggested area of use and choose the one that best meets yours need depending on the specific data location and mapping needs,

AyanPalit_1-1694430166100.png

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri

View solution in original post

MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

Thank You Very Much For Your Great Solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MAMDOUHZALAKY You will find answers on this video:

Find the Right Coordinate System in ArcGIS Pro

0 Kudos
MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

Thank you mr Ayanpalit for your answer .... but i forget to say that iam using ArcGIS 10.8 

and i know how to define coordinate system in arcgis  my question which coordinate system is suitable for EGYPT ?... my map scale is 2 million.

For example saudi arabia using Lambert Conformal Conic for there 2 million map scale . Which one is suitable for EGYPT this is my question ?

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@MAMDOUHZALAKY 

It is recommended to transition to using ArcGIS Pro. I am using screenshot from Pro but you will find similar coordinate systems for Egypt in ArcMap as well. AyanPalit_0-1694429799341.png

Please review the suggested area of use and choose the one that best meets yours need depending on the specific data location and mapping needs,

AyanPalit_1-1694430166100.png

MAMDOUHZALAKY
New Contributor III

Thank You Very Much For Your Great Solution

0 Kudos