Select to view content in your preferred language

Where are Geoprocessing Environment Settings stored?

07-14-2023 12:38 PM
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

Has anyone found where the Geoprocessing Environment Settings are stored in ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1? I  looked in the registry but didn't find them there (I could have missed them). I determined that they are not stored in normal.mxt. I also looked around in the profile area at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.7\ArcMap.

PaulLohr_0-1689362182178.png

Also, does anyone know where this setting (below) is stored (the file or registry location)? This screen capture is the Options dialog from the Catalog window.

PaulLohr_1-1689362707905.png

<edit1>Edit: I found the blog post linked below answering my last question.

https://community.esri.com/t5/esri-technical-support-blog/want-to-redirect-your-default-geodatabase/...

</edit1>

It would nice to be able to access these settings in a file or the registry so we could establish the same settings throughout the company, without making the changes manually at every installation. This would be done at the time when Desktop is installed.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor
ArcGIS 10.8.2 is the current release of ArcGIS Desktop and will enter Mature Support in March 2024. There are no plans to release an ArcGIS Desktop 10.9, and it is recommended that you migrate to ArcGIS Pro. See Migrate from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro for more information.
It's great to see users share ideas and feedback but I would suggest:
  • Create an ArcGIS Idea for what you want
  • Be aware that there is no active development on ArcMap. Your ideas/feedback should be on ArcGIS Pro.

And it looks like you've sorted it but settings are typically saved in Normal.mxt, Normal.gxt (arcatalog defaults, used for new map documents), and in the HKCU registry settings. 

0 Kudos
PaulLohr
Regular Contributor

I was hoping for an answer to the question.

ArcGIS Pro is a refashioned ArcMap. Same programming objects with the same bugs, with a new look.

0 Kudos