Sentinel in ArcMap

Jump to solution
05-17-2021 11:03 AM
StanislavaV
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys,

I downloaded Sentinel2 from EoBrowser - bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 8. 

But I don´t know, in which order should I put those bands into Composite Bands so that in output raster will be 123  as true colors and 432/843 as false colors?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I can only guess you have an incorrect stretch applied or need to calculate statistics.  Try ensuring that the stretch type is set to None in the first instance. Drawing a multiband raster dataset as an RGB composite—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Other than that, if it is actually sentinel 2 data, and you've correctly set 4(Red) 3(Green) 2(Blue) then that's all I can offer sorry.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sentinel 2 Bands and Combinations - GIS Geography seems to provide a good guide to band combinations for specific uses.

The order required in the tool is RGB, so input in order of 4,3,2 for tru colour.  Of-course you can later manipulate this order in the symbology tab.

StanislavaV
Occasional Contributor

yes, but in which order should I place them, when I want to have just one raster with possibility choose between true and false colors by changing bands? or it doesn´t matter?

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sure, just throw them all together in the tool then choose/manipulate the band combinations as you need afterwards.  Or forget about the composite bands GP tool and just use the image analysis window - as this video demonstrates  (ensure you turn your sound off as the music is awful) Composite Bands (Data Management) - ArcGIS - YouTube

0 Kudos
StanislavaV
Occasional Contributor

so I mixed them together, and now when I set as 432 - looks almost like false colors, and not true and when I set 123 - looks nothing like true 🙂

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I can only guess you have an incorrect stretch applied or need to calculate statistics.  Try ensuring that the stretch type is set to None in the first instance. Drawing a multiband raster dataset as an RGB composite—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Other than that, if it is actually sentinel 2 data, and you've correctly set 4(Red) 3(Green) 2(Blue) then that's all I can offer sorry.