Restart at last point

04-01-2021 09:15 AM
Potter8990
New Contributor

I need help locating the restart to last point tool. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I have been using ArcMap for 20 years now and I have never heard of a Restart at last point tool.

Can you describe what it does for you?

Could it possibly have been a custom tool?  

0 Kudos
Potter8990
New Contributor

After, doing more research it appears to be a custom tool. It basically allows you to draw a line from point A to point B then delete the line from point A to point B and start the new line from point B. If this makes any since at all. I have found the location of the file now. But if you have no of anything similar to that please let me know.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Could I ask why you would want to do that?  I mean why draw a line only to delete it?

0 Kudos
Potter8990
New Contributor

I just started in this position, so I am still learning on what and why the Mapper's use what tools they do. From my understanding, they use it when they run out deeds. I personally do not see the use when you can use traverse or something else. I am trying to find better methods for them to make the workflow easier, but I am limited when the Consultants we have limit my access. I can say the do a lot of repetition.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Hee hee the struggle can be real. My recent app has 157 users and 60% or more of them have never used a GIS app 

0 Kudos