Point symbols not appearing

Jump to solution
10-22-2019 08:19 AM
TedEdwards
New Contributor II

I recently installed a new PC with Windows 10 and installed ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1. Everything went as it should with no issues, however, my default ESRI Style point symbols seem to have vanished from the Symbol Selector window. Line and polygon symbols are still there. I ran the Repair/Reinstall option but with no success. Any help/suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks! Please see attachment for screen shot.

Ted

I just realized my North Arrow selector is gone as well...

Okay, I'm not one to rant, BUT, I posted this on Oct 22nd thinking that since this is the Esri Technical Support board that I would at least get ONE reply or suggestion. I have also called Esri Technical Support, and left messages requesting a call back. And how many call backs did I get??? NONE! Today is Nov 19th and not a word from anyone. Thanks for absolutely nothing! I guess this is how I get pushed into using ArcGIS Pro. Yes, I like Pro, and have taken the migration class, but there are times when I can just produce a product quicker in ArcMap and save some time.

Ted

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Related to Ted's questions - can you open the Control Panel->Fonts and see if all the Esri fonts are installed.  There should be 73 Esri fonts on the installation.  If some of them are missing it may explain the inconsistent behavior.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JoeCatanzarita1
Occasional Contributor II

Ted Edwards‌,

Hello and good afternoon! I apologize about the lack of answers in both GeoNet and when it came to calling Esri Support Services. When you called Esri Support, do you know if a case was created for you? 

Does this behavior occur with all ArcMap documents or just one in specific?

Based off of the information I was able to find, this seems to be an installation issue -- it could either be the machine itself or the profile being used to access the machine. I see you attempted the repair the application to no avail, did you also attempt a clean uninstall/reinstall of the software? Perhaps some files may have been corrupted during the installation process.

With that being said, do you have another computer in your environment that has ArcMap installed on it? I'm wondering if this issue might stem from your user profile. If you are able to have a different user login to your computer with their credentials, do they experience the same behavior? 

Once I get a little more information from you, I might be able to provide a way to reset your roaming profile to see if this fixes any issues.

Joe

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Related to Ted's questions - can you open the Control Panel->Fonts and see if all the Esri fonts are installed.  There should be 73 Esri fonts on the installation.  If some of them are missing it may explain the inconsistent behavior.

TedEdwards
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert! Once I got the Esri fonts installed everything worked great!

Ted

TedEdwards
New Contributor II

Good morning Joe,

Thanks so much for your response! To answer some of your questions, I never got to speak to anyone when calling ESRI support, only voicemail. I left messages with a short summary of my problem and my phone number but never got a call back, so I don't believe a case was created.

This occurs in all arcmap documents. I am the only person in the organization that is using arcmap 10.7.1 with windows 10 and no one else has this issue.

I did attempt a clean reinstall, but again with the same results.

And to answer Robert's question, no, there are no Esri fonts appearing.

Ted

0 Kudos