Permissions for sharing a packaged map?

Jump to solution
11-18-2020 10:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I had a request to supply a map to an outside company. I packaged the map and placed everything on a supplied thumb drive. I am now being contacted saying they can not open the map. As far as I understand it is not a backwards compatibility issue, but I am wondering if I need to somehow allow special permissions?

It is my first time trying any of this, any help or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not really able to say what the issue was. I re-packaged the map and sent it directly to the vendor that my client is using, and they replied that they were able to open it. Corrupt file? Too many cooks?

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User 

What version of arcmap are you using? Did you send them a pdf or mxd? 

If mxd what data was used? Did you send all the data with the fashdrive or did you reference services? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have version 10.8.1. 

I packaged the map, then used the Extract Package tool and saved to a folder with the original mxd.

All data (geodatabases, etc.) appear to be in the folders.

Snapshot attached shows the folders that went onto the flashdrive.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Issue has been resolved. Thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User 

Sorry I did not get an answer for you. What was the solution just in case anyone else has this issue. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm not really able to say what the issue was. I re-packaged the map and sent it directly to the vendor that my client is using, and they replied that they were able to open it. Corrupt file? Too many cooks?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos