Maplex label text fallout from "Remove extra spaces from label" disabled

11-13-2020 09:03 AM
Labels (1)
JacquelynClaver
New Contributor

I am having this weird problem where I need to indent the last three lines of this label with spaces so I go into maplex and disable “Remove extra spaces from label” but when I do that I makes the whole label fall off the box. Has anyone ever experienced this or know how to fix it?

I am using a point feature and labeling with maplex. I need to create a label that indents the last three bullet points of the picture attached. I have tired adding spaces, other coding splits and spacing, using stacked split methods and many other methods but nothing works to stop the text from coming off the symbol box. The only way it works is when the label is centered but I need it right alignment. I have also tried it with a line feature and same result. The top GIS person in my company could not figure it out so it lies to be impossible as of right now..

Label expression:

"<BOL><UND> CONTACT NHESP APPROVED TURTLE BIOLOGIST (TB) BEFORE ANY SITE ACCESS</UND></BOL>" & vbnewline & "•  WORK IN TURTLE HABITAT TO BE OVERSEEN BY NHESP APPROVED TB." & vbnewline & "• FOLLOW TURTLE PROTECTION PLAN WHICH INCLUDES:" & vbnewline &  "•  SITE SWEEPS IN ADVANCE OF SITE ACCESS,  VEGETATION CLEARING OR MAT PLACEMENT." & vbnewline & "•  AVOID  IMPORTANT NESTING AREAS, TO BE MARKED BY TB." & vbnewline &  "•  RESTORATION OF SOME DISTURBED AREAS REQUIRED, SAVE ON-SITE TOPSOIL."

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies