How do I get the full list of tools in ArcToolbox?

02-17-2019 12:24 AM
France
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using ArcMap 10.3.1 and somehow my ArcToolbox went from a long list of tools to a short list of tools.  About three or four weeks ago, I found a webpage through google which had some simple steps to follow and it restored ArcToolbox to the full length list.  It's happened again and now I can't find the webpage with the step-by-step instructions! 

I didn't bookmark the page at the time because after finding it once, I thought I could easily find it again.  I could be mixing this up something else but it may have involved Customize Mode, popping up the Context menu and selecting "Geoprocessing Task Context Menu" somewhere in the instructions.  I rebooted my system several times, unchecked and rechecked the Extensions, cleared my cache, all to no avail.

Attached is what my list looks like currently and what I'd like it to look like.

Suggestions are welcome.  I just spent three hours trying to find the webpage with the instructions.  This time I'm bookmarking the page.  Many thanks!

\Frances

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

resetting your application profile... one of several links

Resetting your ArcGIS application profile - USGS OEI/Enterprise GIS - myUSGS Confluence 

0 Kudos
France
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for your help.

It only affected a couple of .mdx files so I added the few toolboxes that were needed one at a time.  I came across a page several weeks ago where one could reset the list of system toolboxes in ArcToolbox to the complete list without reinstalling ArcGIS, without monkeying with the registry and without restoring a profile.  I was hoping for that page or those same steps. 

0 Kudos