Editing the hazard labels in the Legend

Jump to solution
03-01-2023 07:24 AM
Labels (1)
CHewitt
New Contributor II

Hello,

So after creating some maps and I've gone into the legend to export them, I notice that there are three red dots in brackets (will attach photo below - 1.) which I assume are telling anyone that looks at the map there are more symbols to be seen but they're just hidden. However it only occurs with the maps with the Public Interference symbol, I think that it is because there is a little description by the side of it (pedestrians in work area - photo 1) which is stopping the next column from appearing, as the labels are wrapped which I typically have laid out. (photo 2 the next map without the public symbol)

So I believe the easiest way to solve this problem is to remove the 'pedestrians in work area' description as it doesn't need to be there, as there is a description of the hazard above. However I do not know how to do that and when I go onto the properties of the hazard symbol it doesn't say the description anywhere. (photo - 3). 

So my question would be does anyone know how to edit the hazard symbol or where I can find that description? 

Thanks

1. Screenshot (4).png

   

2. Screenshot (6).png

3. Screenshot (8).png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure about the three dots, but the description is in the symbology tab.

Right click on that feature in the symbology, and select "Edit Description".

RhettZufelt_0-1677685306416.png

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not sure about the three dots, but the description is in the symbology tab.

Right click on that feature in the symbology, and select "Edit Description".

RhettZufelt_0-1677685306416.png

R_

0 Kudos
CHewitt
New Contributor II

Thanks editing it and removing the description worked.

0 Kudos