Creating layer files for OS MasterMap data in a File Geodatabase

07-03-2020 02:49 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

Don't know whether to ask this hear or in the ArcGIS Pro forum.

I have some MasterMap data which I wish to style up using the default styles.

ESRI layer files are available here:

GitHub - OrdnanceSurvey/OSMM-Topography-Layer-stylesheets: SQL scripts & cartographic stylesheets fo...  

However, when I take the Schema 9 files and match them to a File Geodatabase using ArcMap 10.6.1, it says some fields are missing. The file Geodatabase was created using the UK Data Loader part of the Data Interoperability tool by a colleague.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

Having managed to get the layer files to load in ArcGIS 2.6, please can someone explain how one gets the symbols to display correctly?

Is there an OS font that needs to be installed and if so, how does one get hold of this?

0 Kudos
Hughes631
New Contributor

Hi, did you ever solve this problem? I am having the same issue, any tips would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
JamesShreeve
New Contributor III

Hi, understand this initial conversation happened quite a while ago now but I'm having the same issue. How did you solve this problem please @TimLangner ? Many thanks!

0 Kudos
AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

I can't get the schema 9 layer files from the OS Git Hub to load into ArcMap 10.8.1 or ArcPro..  both complain about the file being invalid.. if anyone has a working layer file for mastermap topo it would be great to have a copy 🙂

0 Kudos