Convert files to GRID

09-30-2020 06:01 AM
LisbetBaklid
New Contributor

Hello! I am a student trying to make 14 different shape files into GRID. I follow the recipe of "How to: Convert each pixel of a raster into a polygon" from support.esri.com. I have converted to raster. I have then used Extract by Mask to get the rasters to be similar. I then convert From raster to point. Then the files are simply to different..some have 40 more points than other raster files of the same cells.. The points are perfectly at the same locations except for about 0-40 of them. I am going to convert to GRID and make all the points/locations into one file so the OBECTID have be the same number at every point. How can I secure that the number of cells or points are equal so that each of the points or GRID have the same OBJECTID in all the files

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

a picture would help to explain your situation.

But if you want your rasters to have the same ids, then then would have to have the same number of rows and columns which can be accomplished if they have the same extent width and height and the same cell size

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
LisbetBaklid
New Contributor

Hello! Yes, I know the files have to have the same number and location of cells. That's why I run the Extract By Mask tool. I then thought that I would acchieve the same number of points when converting by tool "From raster to points". But no, they are not the same. So how do I acchieve the same number and location of cells in all the rasters... ? I thought it was enough to run the tool Extraxt By Mask.... I am going to use tool "Join field" to mix the values in all the files into one file one by one. The OBJECTID is the common attribute field, so OBJECTID have to be precisely the same in each similar point or GRID in all the files. If the number of points or GRID is not the same the OBJECTID will somehow differ. 

0 Kudos
LisbetBaklid
New Contributor

Hello again! I solved it by using Cell center, not Maximum area, when converting from shape to raster...

0 Kudos
LisbetBaklid
New Contributor

Hello the number of points by using the From Raster To Cell tool isn't the same in the new files though I have used several options and functions to get the same extent..... which means the same rows and columns. 

0 Kudos