axtiveX error warning

Jump to solution
04-30-2017 10:00 AM
ClintonJenkins
New Contributor III

I am having the infamous activeX warning appearing again with all my toolboxes in ArcMap 10.5, but only when I click in an empty field. This started only recently, and I think it may be linked with the recent Windows 10 Creators Update. I've tried the traditional solution of adjusting the Internet Options, but with no success. Is anyone else having this difficulty?

Tags (2)
25 Replies
GrahamW
Occasional Contributor II

I'm still having the same issue on Windows 10 Pro for workstation (Build 16299.192) and ArcGIS(10.5.1)

I say that we will just grin and bear it until we test 10.6

0 Kudos
JayJohnson2
Occasional Contributor

Yes, there is a way to check if you have Creators Update.  Choose Start, Settings (the gear symbol on the left side), System, About.

And, there is a way to get the new update when you want one.  I was able to make this work on my home computer.

The website and discussion forum Major Geeks offers some insight here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/windows_10_1803_update_now_available.html

If you are in a company or agency with group policy and Windows Enterprise, this will probably not be something you can do alone.  But, if you are at home or have those sort of administrative rights, it is fairly easy.  It took about an hour to install and download the new Windows version.

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Just to keep this thread alive.

Our Agency just upgraded to ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1 from 10.5.1. This issue has now reappeared (i.e., hyper links do no work, Search Window returns not results). It appears all the fixes discussed here were NOT included with that release.

The registry fix mentioned does continues to work with ArcMap 10.6.1.

rich

P.S., Not to leave all the blame with ESRI, the root cause was that Microsoft increased the security levels on the 'local internet zone' with Windows 10 build 1804. After that build is installed running of ActiveX controls that are installed on a PC via a browser is disallowed by default. Prior to build 1804 this was allowed.

StephenSatmary
New Contributor

This is still an issue and is a real PITA when having to continuously stop and close this warning box several times when using processioning tools . ESRI staff can you please come up with a way to resolve this once and for all?  

I forgot to mention, this was an issue with 10.5, 10.6, and now 10.7.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

I completely agree with Stephen Satmary‌ above. After opening a case with Esri Support over a year ago (Case #02137055) regarding this issue I was told this was "A known limitation with Windows 10 Enterprise version 1709 OS Build 16299.192" and that there was an "Investigation in process." I have since upgraded my device and I am still experiencing this issue in ArcMap 10.7

Prasanta Bhattarai has there been any further investigation into this issue or any updates for us? 

Thanks so much. 

CharlesWeddle
New Contributor

We just Upgraded to ArcGIS 10.6.1 and this issue is back.  The Registry change has not helped.  Downloading and replacing the two style files has not helped.  This is a secure server so we cannot modify active X settings through IE.  We have several tools required to update services on our site that cannot be run now.  We have found a way to try and do things via a command line but that is very clunky.  Is there some update to fix this at 10.6.1?

0 Kudos