Attribute Records Auto-Populate From Other Table

10-04-2023 10:52 AM
Labels (2)
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I've attached two example tables to this posting that I hope will illustrate my question. 

The first, TXDATABASE..xlsx, is what you can think of as a "destination" table whereby the records under the fields SVOLTAGE and PVOLTAGE will be populated based on matching information contained within the second, TXSOURCEDB.xlsx, which you can think of as the "source" table.

I am not a writer of python, or any other programming language for that matter, but I'm hoping someone out there can help me solve this using code.

Is there coding that would take the values found under "NUMBER", "KVA", and "TYPE" from my source table, match them against what they see in the destinations table, and auto-fill SVOLTAGE and PVOLTAGE into the destination table with what is contained in the source table?  It's important that all three (NUMBER, KVA, and TYPE) match because there are duplicate NUMBER'S in the field and it will require the other two to match so there is no doubt of what should be populated in SVOLTAGE and PVOLTAGE.

I hope that makes some degree of sense.

Thank you.

Jeff

0 Kudos
0 Replies