ArcMap 10.5.1 Crash when opening Attribute Table

Jump to solution
07-11-2017 11:39 AM
caroleschlessinger
New Contributor

ArcMap 10.5.1 crashes every time I open the Attribute Table for a specific dataset. This has been identified as BUG-000101333. Is there a fix yet? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

The issue should be fixed with a ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1 client. There is no need to "update" anything. If you are still experiencing an issue I recommend you open an Esri support case for an analyst to review the behavior.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

what is the link to the bug? nothing is showing in Esri Support which could mean it isn't resolved or there is no workaround

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide more information on this bug?  What type of dataset were you working with where ArcMap 10.5.1 crashes?

0 Kudos
caroleschlessinger
New Contributor

When I try to open the attribute table for the data layer, ArcMap instantly crashes. I can view the data properties, but if I attempt to add values in symbology from the dataset, ArcMap crashes.

Data Type: File Geodatabase Feature Class 

Database: G:\projects\M100_parcels_sde.gdb
Feature Class: M100TaxPar
Feature Type: Simple
Geometry Type: Polygon
Coordinates have Z values: No
Coordinates have measures: No

It's a fairly large dataset, and makes up the bulk of my map. It's roughly 20,000 rows of data in Excel. I had no problem with it in 10.4, it just started happening when I updated to 10.5.1.

0 Kudos
SteveSalas
Occasional Contributor

For one of my users in 10.4.1, it is a public land survey layer of just over 2 million records served from a versioned Oracle geodatabase.  He was using the selection tool to graphically select anywhere from 6 to 70+ records, opening the attribute table and then highlighting a subset to delete.  Then he would close the table... crash.  If he left the table open, no problems repeating that workflow over & over for the rest of the session.  I don't have 10.5.1 up yet to test, unfortunately.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

This is listed as fixed in 10.5.1: http://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/1051-IssuesAddressedList_07052017.pdf 

I also commented on your other post.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
caroleschlessinger
New Contributor

I'm new to GeoNet...where can I view this fix?

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Click the link that I provided and search for "BUG-000101333".

If you still have the issue, I would create a new Esri support case and review it with an analyst.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
caroleschlessinger
New Contributor

Yes, but it doesn't tell me how to solve the problem. Do I need to update the software or something? 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

That is a very general statement for this bug.  Does the bug imply that opening the attribute table for any feature class in ArcMap 10.5.0 will crash?

0 Kudos