ArcGIS Pro Field Calculator crash

08-22-2018 12:56 PM
StephenSporik1
New Contributor

At version 2.2.1, I am having consistent issues running the Field Calculator on a feature class joined to a geodatabase table.  These two objects are based within two separate file geodatabases.  The Field Calculation is simple, setting the value of a text field equal to the value of another text field from the joined table.  The Field Calculation completes, and then ArcGIS Pro crashes.  It appears that the map tries to refresh after the Calculation and that is when ArcGIS Pro crashes.  When I open the project again, the changes to the field have persisted.  This crash happens every time no matter whether I run the Field Calculator from the Attribute table, from within a configured Task, or from the Data Management toolbox.

There are null values in the field basing the Join.  So I have also tried unchecking "Keep All Target Features" so the calculation would theoretically skip those. 

Any troubleshooting tips would be helpful.  

0 Kudos
14 Replies
StephenSporik1
New Contributor

Well, I spoke too soon.  The first time I reopened the new Pro project and ran it again the same crash on the first Field Calculate after the first Join.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

too rule out data, can you make the join permanent and try the calculation.  I know it isn't what you want, but that hasn't been ruled out yet

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

AGP 2.2.2 was just released September 5, 2018 with a number of bug fixes.  IF it is a BUG and IF it's listed in the resolved fixes, it may work.  Have you tested this with AGP 2.2.2?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

None of the bugs listed in 2.2.2 appear to be related to field calculator.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos