ArcGIS 10 clean uninstallation

12-11-2017 05:54 PM
GlennParaiso
New Contributor

Hello my dear experts,

May i know how to make a clean uninstallation of ArcGIS version 10? Upon installation of newer version, a warning always popped up that there is an older verson of ArcGIS installed. But when i go to my control panel, none of the ArcGIS instances exist.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Glenn

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

check Stuart's post https://community.esri.com/thread/15549#comment-155352

he has 2 links there that may be of use

GlennParaiso
New Contributor

Thanks for the link. I tried using msi commands but nothing change. here's the error that always popped up in my screen.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Windows, Control Panel, Add Remove Programs... remove any Arc* stuff... is there a chance that just the folders were deleted and not uninstalled?  If so, then there will be a load of registry issues.  Those links were for 10... not specifically 10.2

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you could try the following.

Note: Paths may vary according to operating system. Also uninstall any third-party GIS programs that you may have installed.

Rename or delete following folders:

Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Esri

Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Esri

Rename: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Program Files\Esri

Rename: C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Esri

Rename: C:\Program Data\Esri

Rename: C:\Program Data\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Program Data\FLEXnet

Rename: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ESRI

Rename: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI

Rename: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ArcGIS

Rename: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Esri

Go to regedit and rename/delete the following (if they exist):

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Flex LM License Manager

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<Delete Any Folder that contains ArcGIS or Esri>

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\ArcGIS Server

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\<Delete Any Folder that contains ArcGIS or Esri within>

Rename/Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\FLEXnet Licensing Service

Rename/Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<Delete Any Folder that contains ArcGIS or Esri within>

Rename/Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\<Delete Any Folder that contains ArcGIS or Esri within>

Rename/Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<Delete and Folder that contains ArcGIS or Esri within>

Rename/Delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global\<Delete all Keys beginning with ESRI or ArcGIS>

Reboot your system before installing the new product.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

What sometimes helps, especially if you had 3rd party extensions that were not deleted prior to uninstalling 10...reinstall 10, go to add/remove programs and remove the third party extensions....a reboot doesn't hurt....then use add/remove to remove ArcGIS.  This sometimes is easier than messing with the registry.

RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Since you are at ArcGIS Desktop 10.2 you should run the 102UninstallUtility.exe that came with your software and see what you have installed. There is also a ArcGIS 10.3.1 Uninstall Utility as well that does the same thing and would allow you to remove any pre 10.3 software.