3D Analyst profile graph advanced properties dialog box not showing

03-01-2021 02:48 PM
Labels (1)
John1780
New Contributor

Just as the topic says, for the last two version of ArcGIS I've had (10.6, 10.7) when attempting to access the Advanced Properties dialog box when creating a profile graph of a raster, nothing happens. I've used it successfully in previous versions. 

I have multiple rasters I need to create profiles for and have to edit the x and y axis to ensure I can overlay them when exporting to svg. And on that note, my 'Export' button does nothing as well...

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Newman-
New Contributor

I don't have a solution for you John, but I have been having the same issue. I am using ArcGIS for my GIS class in college and my professor says if we have this problem to just try and edit it with the basic setting to the best of our abilities.

Fingers crossed for a solution soon!

-Jacob

Edit: I found where this issue has been reported and a patch made for version 10.8 here - ArcGIS Desktop 10.8 Advanced ArcMap Settings Patch. However, if you've updated to 10.8.1 it seems they didn't fix this bug and the issue still persists. The patch also does not work for the newer version as far as I can tell. The bug report page for this bug says it was fixed in version 10.8.1, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me; feel free to check it out on you own though - BUG-000129099: Launching the Advanced ArcMap Settings utility in Ar.. 

If you find any success with any of please let me know as I'm still trying to resolve the issue myself. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Newman-
New Contributor

John,

I have found a solution that works for me and I will lay out how I got to it so hopefully it may also work for you. I ran the "Check for ArcGIS Desktop Updates" software (should be in your ArcGIS folder). From there I was given two links to patches. I installed the first one (ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) 10.8.1 Spatial Analyst ArcObjects Patch (esri.com)) and it ended up fixing the issue for me. Hope this helps and good luck my friend!

-Jacob

0 Kudos