Using features to create multiple assignments

07-21-2017 10:31 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I'm following the instructions on how to create assignments from existing features. I uploaded a shapefile to the dispatcher map. After saving the map and opening the project and using the box to select the features nothing is selected.  When I click on a feature nothing is selected.

Also, in the dispatcher map configuration I can click on a point and see a popup. In the dispatcher screen I cannot click on a point and see the popup. Is this normal behavior?

Update: Under the "Tip: Create multiple assignments at once" it says to Click + Assignments and gives 3 methods. The 3rd method, use the Identify tool, is faded out and says "Identify is disabled while editing assignments"

Update 2: Using a hosted feature service works. I thought that uploading a shapefile essentially turns it into a feature service.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonathanGroves
New Contributor III

Hi.

When I select a shape from the Dispatcher interface, I am offered two results: the shapefile in which the shape was found, and also the shapefile containing a shape which contains the first shape. Selecting either of these allows me to see the pop-up, and to add an assignment for it. So I don't understand why you are not seeing this...

Regarding pop-ups: these may be configured in the Dispatcher Map design view by clicking on the layer, then the three dots menu to the right, then choosing "Configure Pop-up". It's worth checking in this menu that "Remove Pop-Up" has not been selected (perhaps by someone else).

Hope this helps - happy to provide some screenshots if you wish.

Jonathan 

0 Kudos