to long text

11-03-2020 08:14 AM
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

1. assignment type is to long so all text cant be seen in phone ore even when i try to disspatch, is there a way to change that? 

2. and in my phone i cant see worker id text on map ex i wright a name for the workers so its not only a grey cirkel on the map so the know what grey cirkel is what.

3. i can not see all layers that i added to worker map

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Melisa,

1. There is no way to change that - we are looking at changing Workforce for the December release to expand the width of the Assignment type dropdown

2. I'm sorry, I don't understand this question. Can you go into more detail?  Your second screenshot shows an Assignment being selected on the map; not a Worker.

3. Are all of your layer Sync-enabled?  With the new version of Workforce, only sync-enabled layers will appear in the mobile app

Craig

0 Kudos
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

When you say looking at changing it is that a guarantee that your december release will have longer texts in both dispatch and mobile app? and do you know the date in december for the change? and do you think workforce could have the option to connect to  diffrent 123 surveys tied to the project insted of one survey like if i have made 5 assignments and i have 5 diffrent surveys?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Melisa,

Melisa Gustafsson wrote:

When you say looking at changing it is that a guarantee that your december release will have longer texts in both dispatch and mobile app?

Unfortunately no, I cannot guarantee this will be addressed in the web app for the December release.  It is currently in our backlog and assigned to the release, however, until it's installed, there is always a chance it will be deferred.  We are currently planning on addressing it however.

We are not planning on updating the mobile app for this scenario.  Can you provide examples of your assignment types that are too long and get cut off in the mobile app so we can determine how to handle this?

and do you know the date in december for the change?

The tentative release date for the Workforce web app is with the Online December release the second week of December.

and do you think workforce could have the option to connect to  diffrent 123 surveys tied to the project insted of one survey like if i have made 5 assignments and i have 5 diffrent surveys?

Workforce supports associating surveys at either the project level or the Assignment type level.  So, if your 5 assignments have different assignment types; each assignment can be associated with a different survey.

Craig

0 Kudos
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

haha sorry for the music in the bakground.

But as you can see the dotted lines in assignment type is useless only the shorter assignments like the one on compleated task looks okey the others you cant read.

0 Kudos
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

oh and how do i associated with a different survey. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

This doc topic will take you through how to do this:
Create a project—ArcGIS Workforce | Documentation 

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Melisa,

I see the issue in the mobile app - I'm wondering if you can send me what the Assignment Type string values are so we can see how long they are for your project.

You could send a screenshot of the Assignment Types table with the column expanded so we can see how long each Assignment Type name is.

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

Hope this is what you mean? and thank you for your quick answers!

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you Melisa, you for the screenshot - this helps.

Are you able to reword or edit the assignment types so that what makes each one understood by the mobile worker; is at the beginning of the assignment type?