Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Crew Assignment Changes

05-24-2022 07:31 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone using Workforce in a way that field crews are able to see all assignments (even if they are unassigned or assigned to someone else) so they can assign the work to themselves?

We have 6 individuals who have the ability to perform the work, so leaving assignments Unassigned until the worker calls and requests assignments be assigned to them, or assigning them to one person who may not do them all isn't really the best option.

8 Replies
DanielTringale
New Contributor II

I am looking for an answer to this as well, Following your post hoping for answers.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, there is no way to accomplish this in Workforce.  You can use various solutions with Field Maps or Survey123 to drive this workflow.

This is on our roadmap to support once Workforce is integrated into Field Maps, as it's a common request we've heard from customers.

Craig

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

I hope this solution comes sooner than later, this is one of the biggest limitations we have when using Workforce. Especially when it comes to asset maintenance programs we run. We often have over 1000 assignments created that need to be assigned to different groups. Having the ability for all field users to view all the assignments at once would improve workflows dramatically. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@ShannonJ we do have it on our roadmap to allow field users to see all unassigned assignments; the timeline for this will be after Workforce is integrated into Field Maps, the timeline for that work is next year.

We don't have any plans to include the ability to assign a single assignment to multiple field users.

Craig

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

would the field users be able to complete those unassigned assignments? or would they have to be assigned to them by a dispatcher first?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ShannonJ 

Yes, based on our current thinking. Field users would be able to see unassigned assignments, self-assign or choose to pick them up, so they can complete the work.

Would this help with your use case?  Do you think this would satisfy the request to assign an assignment to multiple field users?

thanks, Craig

0 Kudos
ShannonJ
New Contributor III

I think depending on the way the self assign / pick up work options are set it up, it would work. If the field staff have to manually self assign (i'd need more information on what this process looks like) then that is another added step. When were talking about a few assignments, having to manually assign to yourself isn't a big deal, but when I think of 3000+ hydrant maintenance assignments, it becomes a lot of added time.

If self assigning / picking up work automatically took their log in and assigned the work to them when they pressed start or finish I think that would be ideal. 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@ShannonJ maybe we can take this offline and setup a call to discuss?  I've got something questions on your workflow that would be best talked through on a call.  Can you reach out to me at cgillgrass@esri.com

thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos