Automate Assignment Upload using Data from Survey123/GeoForm

03-25-2018 04:37 PM
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

We are envisioning a workflow whereby Dept A submits an inspection request to Dept B using Survey123 or GeoForm. Is there an out-of-the-box capability to automatically upload the submitted form as an assignment to Workforce for ArcGIS? The dispatcher would then login to Workforce and assign the work to the field crews. 

I realize there is a CSV upload option for bulk assignment upload... but wanted to check if we could further automate this process. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Calvin Kwon, did you have any luck with this? I am trying to implement a similar workflow but I have not figured out how to do this yet.

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Christopher, I didn't have any luck... but came across this geonet article https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/03/05/sneak-peek-survey123-and-webhooks-integr.... I imagine if webhooks were available in Workforce for ArcGIS, the workflow would be possible with Survey123. Ismael Chivite

0 Kudos
ChristopherMatechik
New Contributor III

Thanks for your feedback. I have not explored this option yet. I was able to find this link on a similar thread and I am working on implementing our workflow this way. It requires some coding in Python, but I think it will work.

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

This is really neat! Thank you for sharing. Please let me know how when you get it working!

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III
0 Kudos