Assignments are not editable/visible

02-06-2017 01:11 AM
BeheerderPrisma_GeoCensus
New Contributor

Our assignments are not visible in the webapplication since the update of Workforce. On the left, you should see all the assignments and from there, normally you are able to edit and assign them to your workers. Now, the assignments tab is loading continuously and we aren't able to do anything with it (see the screenshot). Our assignments are created by an automatic process using FME. Has something changed in the settings after the update? Anyone having the same problem? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing some problems following the update, we haven't received any other reports with problems displaying assignments.  A few questions:

- Can your workers still still assignments in the mobile app?

- Is it possible to invite me to your project as a Dispatcher so I can take a look at this?

thank you,

Craig

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Craig, 

Thank you for your reaction. My workers can still see the assignments in the app, but we cannot assign any new assignments to our workers using the webapplication. So in a couple of days when the 'old' assignments are completed, they have no new assignments in their workload.

I will invite you to the project as a Dispatcher. 

Cecile

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cecile,

We've taken a look at the project and it seems that the Assignments layer is missing from the Dispatcher web map.  I see that you have multiple copies of the layer in the map; but none that reference the original feature layer in the feature service.  I suggest adding the layer back and saving the web map; that should correct the issue.  If it doesn't, please let me know.

There's a lot of copies of the assignments layer in the web map - can you go into any details on why you have those copies and what problem they're helping you solve?  thanks, Craig

New Contributor

Hi Craig, 

Thanks a lot for referring to the original assignment layer, I have no idea why it was gone... It is working again! 

The copies of our assignment layer are all different data sources (filters on the assignment layer) for the Operations Dashboard which we also use for this project. Besides, the same dispatcher map from Workforce is our basemap in this Operations Dashboard. Maybe it's better to create a dispatcher map with not so many copies to use in Workforce. 

Thanks again, 

Cecile 

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Cecile,

Glad that was able to resolve your issue.

I would recommend that you create a copy of the Dispatcher map for use in Ops Dashboard.  That would allow you to create a very specific web map that is tailored to Ops Dashboard and still have the Dispatcher web map for use in Workforce.  That is the recommendation for using Workforce with Dashboard and many of our other users have been successful in following that recommendation.

If you have any other question, let me know.

Craig