Unable to Launch ArcMap from Workflow Manager

10-31-2014 11:51 AM
AllWeatherHeather
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone come across this message when trying to launch ArcMap from a Workflow? It seems to be inconsistent across users and job types. When you click OK you are returned to Workflow Manager.

unableToLaunchArcMap.png

Help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Heather,

I suspect this is caused by a the maps or the task assistant workflow associated with the job. The workflow manager logs should tell you exactly what is wrong. I would recommend turning up the log level to 5 and review it to see what is happening. Here is link to help that shows how to enable the logging in workflow manager - http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Workflow_Manager_Advanced_Settings/00380000003200000...

Thanks,

Tope

0 Kudos
AllWeatherHeather
Occasional Contributor

Tope,

This is the issue I am able to see with the logging level set at 3. I have increased the logging level to 5 this morning to do more testing but so far haven't been able to duplicate the issue. I am confused how users can be denied access to the job Mxd when they have access to the job type and steps.

10/30/2014 10:07:33.909Level: 3Exception Thrown: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED)

at ESRI.ArcGIS.JTX.IJTXJob.RetrieveMXD(String strMXDFilePath)

at JTXDesktopSteps.LaunchArcMap.GetMXDSource(IJTXJob job, String sharepath, String altpath, Boolean& isnew, String& mxdsource)

at JTXDesktopSteps.LaunchArcMap.Execute(Int32 jobID, Int32 stepID, Object[]& argv, IJTXCustomStepFeedback& feedback)

0 Kudos
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Heather,

That message is a generic windows OS error when a user is unable to access a file. I wonder if you have the workflow manager jobs folder set to a location that you/your users do not have access to.

If you want to submit a support ticket, we can have one of the support analysts take a closer look at things.

Thanks,

Tope

0 Kudos
ahmed_adelmohamed
New Contributor II

can you review that the ArcMAP version installed at ArcGIS workflow manager machine  are the same ArcMap which located at client machine , and also be sure that you enabled "workflow manager" extension at ArcMap in client machine before trying to open it from workflow.

with my best wishes

Ahmed

0 Kudos