Restricting hosted feature layers that can be selected by Define Location step in ArcGIS Pro

12-08-2022 02:24 AM
EvaTTA
by
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am working on Workflow Manager Server 10.9.1 and on ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2. 

Just wondering if there is a way to configure the 'Define Location' workflow step to only allow the selection of the spatial data source I've input into the diagram settings? 

Right now, i've only added the hosted feature service "layer_a" in the workflow's diagram settings. within Pro, I have loaded both "layer_a" and "layer_b" in the map, whereby "layer_b" is not added to the workflow diagram settings. However, it seems that I am still able to select from "layer_b" in ArcGIS Pro and the Workflow job locations capture the "layer_b" selection. 

Thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SU00861536
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am also looking for the same solution, want to allow edits on assigned layers( eg Layer A) in ArcGIS Pro and also restrict user to defined LOI only. 

If anyone have some idea, please share.

TiffanyWeintraub
Esri Contributor

Hello Eva and SU00861536,

Currently, there is not a way to restrict the selection of features for the Define Location step to just the configured data source layer(s) in ArcGIS Pro. The step was designed to allow a map to be configured so that a user could select existing features from a layer to make the job LOI without that layer having to be the target of the workflow itself. 

If this is a preconfigured Pro Project that editors are using you could set up the map so that layer_b is not selectable which would let them know they should not be selecting these as the LOI but Workflow Manager would not stop them from going to the selectable layers menu and changing that setting for the map.

As for restricting edits to the defined LOI, you do have that ability at 11.0. There is an option in the Open Pro Project Items step to apply this behavior when the step is ran.

TiffanyWeintraub_1-1674054623137.png

If you want to restrict edits on certain layers, perhaps there is a way to set the sharing or settings at the feature service level? We have not really had these types of restriction requests on the Define Location step and limiting editing in the opened Pro map to the data source layer only. Would these be common use cases for you both?

0 Kudos