Select to view content in your preferred language

Moving WFM from server dedicated to hosted server

09-13-2023 08:04 AM
gis_grow
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

i have an ArcGIS Enterprise HA istallation, with a Portal (2 node Primary and Standby) and one hosted server (2 node) and one federated server (2 node) that is configured like Workflow Manager into settings of Portal.

Now for some network reason, i need to move the license and roles WFM from dedicated server federated to the server hosted. If i install the WFM roles into the hosted server and configure like WFM roles, i need to do somithing others? All my job templates and job are stored into portal suppose, so i don't need to move any item?

Is correct this approach?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RyanDickinson1
Regular Contributor

I am uncertain of your server configuration; however, I just moved WFM from one federated server to another federated server and no changing of items was required. Upon accessing the newly installed WFM instance, all workflows, diagrams, etc, were still present and functional. I'm sure the configuration of the workflows is stored in the feature service and the item ids don't change.

0 Kudos
gis_grow
Emerging Contributor

Hi @RyanDickinson1,

thanks for your reply. So I can install the WFM on the hosted server, unfederate the original WFM server and set into portal setting server section the hosted like Workflow Manager role?

Thanks

0 Kudos