Why don't the fields displayed in the attribute table in a WAB app replicate those defined in the underlying map?

Jump to solution
11-19-2018 05:19 AM
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I have a series of layers in my database layer that I need to retain so as to be able to access the relevant via the pop-up, but I don't want them to display to the user. I set the columns as turned off in the table in Map, but when I click on the Attribute table in the app, all the layers appear. It's true that I can then control their appearance, but I don't want the average user to see this. I would have thought that the settings I defined in the Map would carry through. Is there a switch or setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Ta

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Simon,

The AT widget has it's own configuration/settings for each layer and the fields visible for that layer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Simon,

The AT widget has it's own configuration/settings for each layer and the fields visible for that layer.

SimonCrutchley

Well that was simpler than most of my questions.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

Hi Robert,

I know I marked this correct as it answered my initial question, but I've got a follow-up. I assumed that the attribute table would use the field alias, rather than the field name, when displaying in the attribute table, but this does not appear to be the case. Have I missed something or is this just the way things are?

Ta

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Simon,

It does for me... You can also override the fields alias in the widget configuration by double clicking on the fields alias in the settings dialog.

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

The fields alias changes okay (attachment 1)Attribute widget with aliases edited it's just not actually reflected in the Attribute table (attachment 2)

attribute table showing filed names, not aliases

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

VERY strange I am not seeing that at all on my end. You should contract esri tech support.

SimonCrutchley

Thanks, will do. At least I know I'm not missing something.

Cheers

0 Kudos