Why doesn't the filter widget recognize my layer?

02-13-2019 06:25 AM
LauraGuthschmidt
New Contributor III

I have just started to build a web app with web appbuilder. It contains only one layer with coordinates and of course a basemap. The legend shows the coordinates, and so does the attribute table. I have tried to add the Filter widget several times, so that the coordinates display different attribute table data variables, but when I try to create a new filter, it does not let me choose a layer. The drop down menu is empty and I cant add the widget.
Hopefully some one has had this issue before and knows how to solve it.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Laura,

What type of layer is it? Is it part of your webmap or is the layer adding by some other widget or code?

0 Kudos
LauraGuthschmidt
New Contributor III

I have tried different formats. I have made it a feature layer, added it as part of a web map, and added it as a new csv file. It does not work for any of them.
The first time I tried the widget it did work with the same layer, so it is very strange that it suddenly stopped working.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Laura,

Is your webmap where you can share the id with me for testing?

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

Robert, in my case the features are added through custom code. I have done so many times with no issues.

This time the filter, Zoom to, Clear Selection tools are disabled and cannot select an individual row.

This time, I didn't specify a unique id. The features are defined by:

thegraphic.setAttributes({
          "Label": label,
          "Param1": param1,
          "Param2": param2,
           ----------------          
        })

0 Kudos
VanessaKing
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue. My web map in my WAB app has three layers that display fine on the map, in the legend, etc, but are not available as options in the filter widget. All three layers are Feature Collections that were added to the web map from My Content. There are also several Feature Services in the map that are available in the filter widget. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
JanetSilbernagel
New Contributor II

I am also having this problem with the Filter Widget. My layers came in from web maps, and were added to the web maps as zipped shapefiles. My map layers display, show attribute table and perform in other widgets I've tried, EXCEPT the Info Summary widget. In this case, the map layers are available and I can select their fields to display, but when I open the widget it shows the feature count, and then hangs up when I try to see more. 

Have there been any solutions to this issue?

thanks,

Janet

0 Kudos
VanessaKing
New Contributor II

I was able to solve this problem by recreating the layers - I don't recall exactly what I had previously done wrong, but what I needed to do was upload the zipped shapefiles to My Content, publish them as hosted feature layers, and then add them to the map. I think maybe I had added the layers to the map without first publishing them, which worked with some widgets but not the filter widget. 

JanetSilbernagel
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Vanessa! I will give that a try. I figured it had something to do with how I served up the layer, & I had done just what you said - added the shapefile directly into my webmap without first publishing. Thanks!

YananWu1
New Contributor

Thank you so much Vanessa, I did similar steps, I uploaded the layers as feature layers to my account, then add to the web map. Now it works. 

0 Kudos