When is WAB Developer edition 2.13 available? Cannot import from AGOL.

07-16-2019 10:41 AM
MeghanBogaerts
New Contributor II

The lag between version updates to AGOL and WAB Dev edition is causing problems with our workflow. I have the latest WAB installed locally (2.12 as of 7/16/19). Yet I cannot import an app built in AGOL to customize it, because the version is 2.13 --- which is not even listed as a current version on ESRI's release version page.

When will these two again be aligned? It's impossible to plan work on a project when my app is held hostage in AGOL and there's no information about when Dev edition will be updated to match. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks. wab 2.12 #import app

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The latest version of the Developer Edition has always been available a few weeks after the AGOL version is released.

0 Kudos
MeghanBogaerts
New Contributor II

Thanks, Ken, good to know. I guess another question is whether these updates happen on a regular basis or are announced somewhere I can bookmark? I didn't realize that an AGOL update had taken place, and there's no version number anywhere obvious (you've got to pull up the browser inspector and type wabVersion). So, we were set to start working on customizing an app and only when I go to work on it do I find out that I'm in the no-man's-land between AGOL and Dev releases. So, potentially our timeline will be delayed a few weeks. It'd be great to avoid this in the future. Is there any way I can plan for it?

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Recently, the updates are coming out on a quarterly basis. You can sign up for email notifications on What's New and What's Coming here.