What's the spinning wheel in the lower right of my web app?

Jump to solution
03-04-2016 08:27 AM
LynneHamlin
New Contributor II

After the latest online WAB update there's a new item in the lower right corner of my web app that looks like a "while you wait" spinning wheel that doesn't go away. How do I get rid of it? 

Here's what it looks like:

If it helps, inspecting the element takes me to the shaded line below:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynne,

That is a built in map progress indicator. So the issue if it is never going away indicates that one of your layers in the web map is hung or failing. Unfortunately it looks like this new feature is not configurable. It seems like the team is adding unconfigurable items to WAB pretty regularly now a days.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynne,

That is a built in map progress indicator. So the issue if it is never going away indicates that one of your layers in the web map is hung or failing. Unfortunately it looks like this new feature is not configurable. It seems like the team is adding unconfigurable items to WAB pretty regularly now a days.

LynneHamlin
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert.  Hmmm, are there any clues to look for that would identify the hung or failing layer? All layers are displaying okay and the embedded web links and graphs look okay. Not looking forward to re-configuring those.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynne,

You can check your browsers web console and see if there is anything there that gives a clue.

0 Kudos
LynneHamlin
New Contributor II

Yes the console shows an error and I could use help interpreting the script below. I see the part about TypeError cannot read property 'decimal format' of undefined, which might be the clue but I don't know which layer. If this error is typical of a raster/tile map package issue then I know which layer it is since there's only one layer derived from a raster. An experienced interpretation would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lynne,

What this error is point me towards is that you have a layer in your web map that is set to be labeled and this labeling is causing the issue

0 Kudos
LynneHamlin
New Contributor II

Thanks very much Robert, the layer with a label issue was found.  Still a curious error since the format is identical to other layers operating normally. Will report back with anything new.

Problem solved - thanks again.

0 Kudos
ThomasSpindler1
New Contributor III

Hello Lynne,

I too am running into this same issue.  Is there a way you determined which layer was the culprit?  I have several layers in my app and checking each layer creates a lot of work.  Thanks for posting this question, I got a place to start!

0 Kudos