What are the limits of the Full screen Widget?

11-27-2017 06:16 PM
KieranO_Donnell2
New Contributor II

I want to use the Full Screen Widget for Apps I'm embedding on web-pages using the billboard theme.
I'm doing this by embedding the app inside an iFrame, however the Full Screen Widget appears to be disabled from inside this iframe (works fine launching the app direct).

I can hover over the icon, but there's no action on click

As well as this, the widget seems to disappear from my app when the frame is sized relatively small.
Are there any guidelines for what size this widget will disappear at?

I want my maps/apps to be around 400x600px inside a web page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Kieran

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kieran,

The full screen widget assumes that the WAB app is the main window and not in a iFrame, so that is you main issue. The issue with the widget disappearing is that when the app reaches the mobile breakpoint the widget is removed from the app as mobile devices don't need full screen. So you could adjust the mobile break points for your app to prevent this.

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Robert, I was going to start a thread on this until I saw this post.  For those of us that do want to use the full screen widget on mobile devices go into the styles.css file in the:

...widgets\FullScreen\css

folder and comment out or otherwise adjust the following at line 16:

/*.jimu-widget-fullScreen.mobile{
 display: none !important;
}*/

I for one thought the widget more useful on mobile than on desktop so I could gain screen real estate (like in Chrome on an Android) so I'm not sure why esri would change that?  

berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

David, I completely agree that the Full Screen widget is more important and useful on mobile than on desktop screens.  I too have noticed that Chrome on Android does not have a full screen mode (at time of writing, 2019-10-05).  I did some testing and loaded several other mobile browsers on my Android phone today:

• Chrome – no full screen mode
    Google Go - no full screen mode
    Firefox - no full screen mode
    Opera - full screen mode available, a button appears in the lower right corner when in Landscape orientation
    Opera Mini - full screen mode available, a button appears in the lower right corner when in Landscape orientation
    Edge - full screen mode available, use finger to drag upward over the address bar when in Landscape orientation. I found it tricky to activate full screen mode.
    Duck-DuckGo - full screen mode available in both orientations, just drag upwards to hide address bar, but a downward motion when panning the map will also unhide the address bar and it can be annoying.
0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Sorry meant to reply here:

I see the full screen button in Chrome on my Android, as above.  I am using a Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I see the full screen button in Chrome on my Android, as above.  I am using a Nexus 6, Android 7.1.1

0 Kudos