WebApp widget to apply one set of filters of multiple fields to multiple feature classes?

09-07-2018 05:06 PM
StefFrat
New Contributor II

Hi, hoping for some help!  I have a point feature class layer and a polyline feature class layer that need to be filtered and viewed in a simple WebApp.  Both layers have the same fields FieldA and FieldB, and I want the user to be able to enter one set of filter expressions, FieldA = (choice of unique values A) AND FieldB = (choice of unique values B available after previous filter of FieldA), and have that expression set applied to both the Point layer and the Polyline layer.  How can I do this?

So in my mind I need the functionality of the standard Filter widget, but applied to multiple layers like the Group Filter widget.  Correct me if I am wrong but the Group Filter widget appears to allow only one field expression.  The closest I have come is making the user enter the same set of filters in the standard Filter widget, to each layer, one at a time.  Hoping to stay near the simplicity of the WebApp builder, and want something as simple as the Filter widget - just applied to multiple layers.  Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Stef,

Add each layer twice to the Group Filter Widget once for each field you want to filter on. and make sure to choose "When a layer is listed more than once: Match all expressions".

0 Kudos
StefFrat
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for your answer Rob!  So the two different fields need two different values entered.  The group filter seems to only allow entering one value, assuming all fields added would be looking for the same value.  Also, I do like the better functionality of the other filter widget that gives you the unique values of the fields as choices.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The only option then would be to make some major modifications to the standard filter widget to support your workflow.

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

It's really too bad the group filter won't work for tables

0 Kudos