WebApp Builder not prompting for Windows Authentication upon load

08-09-2016 06:33 AM
NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

Setup-

ArcServer 10.2.1 behind firewall - web-tier authentication

Web Adaptor installed on IIS server in DMZ - secured with windows active directory

ArcGIS Online - service created from REST endpoint on Web Adaptor

Create a map service - Save and share as a webapp

1. If I use a template - whenever it is opened, the app prompts users to input their enterprise windows login (GREAT!), Chrome works fantastic, single login. Firefox works great, single login. IE prompts me to input credentials for every single layer in the map (what's up with that?)

2. If I create the app through the web app builder - the prompt never appears, the ESRI basemap and application loads, but the application appears empty with no layers (why is it not prompting for Windows Authentication Login?)

Is this an inherent issue with the Web App Builder that if the App is hosted on AGOL it doesn't support prompting for Windows Authentication?

Should I look into downloading the app and hosting it on our DMZ server?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NickAlexandrou1
New Contributor III

Also, could the issue lay somewhere on the DMZ server that is hosting our web adaptor's IIS settings/preferences? Something that forces users to input logins as opposed to "negotiate"? 

Or alternatively, is there a setting in the various browsers (IE, CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC) that must be ticked on or off to null negotiating credentials and force the server's authentication window to pop up?

0 Kudos
LeahBowyer
New Contributor II

Nick,

Did you find a solution? We are experiencing this same issue. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos