WebApp Builder Developer Edition & Composite Locators

Jump to solution
12-02-2019 07:28 AM
DavidBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

I have published out a composite locator containing two locators: US Address - Dual Ranges and a US Address - Single House Subaddress.  I published it to a 10.7.1 server, registered in AGO, and then attempted to use it in Webapp builder Developer edition 2.13.  It works fine when in Pro 2.4 or Desktop 10.7.1 for finding intersections, however in Webapp Builder Developer it only wants to use addresses.  It does not want to find intersections.  What am I doing wrong?

Does not want to find intersections:

Composite Locator - Not Finding Intersections

Finds address points just fine:

Composite Locator - Finds Addresses

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBuehler

I guess I just make two services and skip the composite locator.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidBuehler

I guess I just make two services and skip the composite locator.

0 Kudos
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

David, unfortunately I cannot offer any help, but just wanted to include my experience with using my published 10.7.1 address locator as a geocode service within Web AppBuilder (non-developer edition).  It has not worked well because it appears to use only the first locator in the composite, and if the second level locator never gets applied then some addresses don't geocode correctly.  Not sure why it behaves this way. 

Using the address locator (not the geocode service) in ArcMap on a file with street addresses works great and applies the best locator of the two in the composite.

DavidBuehler

Lee,

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I am thinking your experiences are the same or similar to what is happening with my stuff.  I am going to open up yet another tech support case.  I am feel like I am a beta tester.

Thanks for sharing,

David

0 Kudos