Web AppBuilder using internet explorer (stop script)

01-31-2016 11:52 PM
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I am using the WAB on IE10, everytime i try to use the Edit tool, the browser freezes and sends a message that the URL stopped working and a box saying "Stop script"

If i click on stop script, it will continue normally.

But i want to know if there is any common issue with IE10 and the editing tool in WAB.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ali,

Could you execute the following steps and revert with your observation?

Turn off script debugging and notifications

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.

4. Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.

Think Location
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And to add to Jayanta's post, wihen ie10 first came out, we had to make sure "File download" was Enabled.

In IE10 -> Properties -> Security Tab -> Internal -Custom Level ->Downloads -> File download -> Enable.

this info is from an old note..so I would try Jayanta Poddar 's suggestions first.  We actually went back to IE9 for many years, and since support stopped for tha in Jan 2016, we jump to IE11.