Web AppBuilder Smart Editor - Can't move point

09-22-2017 11:19 AM
JamesS1
Occasional Contributor

When trying to edit the geometry of an existing point, it can't be moved. When I create a new feature, I can move the point, but once I save, I can no longer move it.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

are you the author of this feature service? When you go to the rest endpoint what are the allowed capabilities for the service

i.e. Capabilities: Create,Delete,Query,Update,Uploads,Editing

JamesS1
Occasional Contributor

It is a feature service from AGS with the data in an enterprise geodatabase. The endpoint has the following capabilities:

I can edit the attribute data without issue. I can edit polyline and polygon geometry without issue. I just cannot update a point geometry. When I check the box to "Edit Geometry" and hover over the selected feature, the cursor does not change to a pointer from the arrow as it is supposed to. Perhaps this is a smart editor widget issue?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

James,

What version of WAB are you using?

0 Kudos
JamesS1
Occasional Contributor

WAB 2.5 and also AGOL. Both have the same issue with the widget.

0 Kudos
JamesS1
Occasional Contributor

Update: It works in WAB 2.4 - so it is an issue with 2.5 (and AGOL)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would call esri tech support to confirm this is a known bug.

0 Kudos
FrankVignati
Occasional Contributor II

This has been an issue: https://community.esri.com/thread/170820 

If you set the symbology to Location Only and use a standard ArcGIS Online symbol it works better

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

This behavior will occur if there is another layer on top of the point layer. Not sure if this is the cause in your case.

Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

What Keith describes was the exact issue I recently experienced. Even though the layer on top of my point layer was not editable, it still interfered with editing the point layer underneath.

Thanks!

Henry