Web AppBuilder Search Less than Four Characters

Jump to solution
05-17-2019 09:10 AM
JoelClark2
New Contributor III

In the Web App Builder search widget, it appears that the search cannot find records that have less than four characters. Is this true, or is there something wrong with my configuration?

I am using a ArcGIS Server MapService connected to ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder if that matters.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

If you change the widgets settings to exact match then typing 9l8 and enter works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

So is that a featureLayer configured in the search widget?

Is your layer public so I can do some testing with it?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

When I changed my maxSuggestions to 30, it allowed my text of '9l8' to return the suggestion of '9l8' as the very last suggestion. Your is set to 3 suggestions.

0 Kudos
JoelClark2
New Contributor III

Robert,

That's interesting. When suggestions are increased to 30 like you say the 3 character record is present at the very bottom of the list. However if you type it in and just press enter the map pans to the wrong record, since it appears to assume it should be four characters. I am beginning to think this behavior may be bug.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

If you change the widgets settings to exact match then typing 9l8 and enter works fine.

0 Kudos
JoelClark2
New Contributor III

So it does. Thanks for spending the time on this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos